Job listing went live on 29/10/2021
CHATEAU VIGNELAURE IS RECRUITING A CARETAKER / HOUSEHOLD COUPLE
Château Vignelaure is a wine estate in the heart of Provence, located in a splendid nature. Established in 1970, Château Vignelaure is the pioneer within production of great wines in Provence. The vineyard is cultivated organically and produces around 300, 000 bottles per year in the 3 colors red, rosé and white. The estate covers 280 ha of land including 55 ha of vines, with a cellar of 2, 500 m2 and a historical château of 1, 200 m2, surrounded by a 3 ha park. As an integrated part of the estate, Château Vignelaure also expose an art collection that is open to the public in the cellar and in the gardens. Furthermore, Château Vignelaure has recently launched a new business concept within luxury holiday rentals and will on long term launch a space for event rentals at the estate.
• Small repairs within masonry, painting, electricity etc.
• Gardening in the parc and the surroundings, cutting hedges, pruning trees etc.
• Keeping the vegetable garden
• Maintenance of pool and terrace
• Maintenance of the tennis court and boule court
• Purchase of technical and garden equipment
• Personal driver’s tasks for owners, visiting customers, journalists etc.
• Ad hoc wine deliveries to customers
• Collection of merchandise etc. according to needs
• Car maintenance and cleaning
• Making sure the property is safe and secured
HOUSEKEEPING AND SERVICES
• Propose and plan menus (daily, events, rentals)
• Cooking (daily and smaller events)
• Serving at meals and clearance afterwards
• Washing and ironing linens and clothes
• Doing all bedrooms and toilets daily
• Cleaning of the castle and its independent apartments
• Cleaning of the estate wine shop, offices etc.
• Arranging the terraces and its outdoor furniture
• Daily procedures as opening/closing shutters, switching outdoor lights on/off etc.
• Coordination regarding rentals of the castle (luxury holidays)
• Communication with rental guests (luxury holidays)
• Event coordination
• Service during private and public events at the château, clearance
• Daily concierge tasks
• Ad hoc customer tastings and service in the wine shop of the estate
• Ad hoc wine deliveries
PROFILE OF CANDIDATES
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar environment
• Skillful and manual
• Hard working and flexible
• Orderly, structured, and efficient
• Positive and passionate
• Reliable and discrete
• Driver's license
• Fluency in spoken English
• Good physical condition
• References required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Start date as soon as possible
• Salary according to profiles and experiences
• Permanent full-time, annualized with high and low seasons
• Accommodation on site in independent house with living room, kitchen
and 3 bedrooms. Electricity, heating, and water provided
• Trial period of 3 months